How can I edit my class captions?
Captions will automatically appear at the bottom of each one of your video lessons when captions are toggled on. If you’d like to edit any captions in your Edunomi class, you can follow these steps:
- Head to your class and click on ‘Edit Class’ on the left side of the page.
- On the next page, scroll to locate the video lesson in which you’d like to edit your caption.
- Click on the speech bubble icon on that lesson (which should say ‘Edit Captions’ if you hover over the icon.)
- A window will expand to show all captions for this video lesson and their corresponding timestamps. Here you can edit any captions as needed.
- Once you’ve edited your captions, select ‘Publish Changes’ below the text field.
- If you’d like to edit captions in any other video lessons on your class, you can click on the speech bubble icon next to those lessons as well. You can also click on this icon after you ‘Publish Changes’ on a specific lesson, if you’d like to collapse the caption editor again.
- When you are done editing captions in your class, scroll to the top of the page and click on ‘Save & Publish’ to finalize your changes.
Which classes have captions and transcripts?
Captions: Class captions are available on all Edunomi classes.
Transcripts: Transcripts will be rolled out to all Edunomi classes over the course of June and July 2020 as part of a public beta test.
Where do captions appear in my class?
Captions appear at the bottom of each one of your video lessons when captions are toggled on. To toggle captions on, click the “Caption” icon at the bottom right of the video player.
Where do transcripts appear in my class?
Transcripts will be rolled out to all Edunomi classes over the course of June and July 2020 as part of a public beta test. The test will be structured in phases (meaning some classes may receive transcripts before others), and we’ll be closely monitoring how transcripts enrich the learning experience, engagement, and SEO discoverability.
For members logged into their Edunomi account, transcripts will appear in the tab beneath your class’s video player labeled Transcripts:
For members and visitors not logged into Edunomi, transcripts will appear at the very bottom of your class page, offering your class organic marketing and SEO:
Note that in this logged-out view, transcripts cannot be copied or pasted.
Can I request to have captions or transcripts removed from my class?
Captions: To ensure ADA compliance, captions cannot be removed from your class.
Transcripts: You may request the removal of transcripts from the logged-out version of your class with the exception of the introduction video which is always available to logged-out users in both video and transcript form. To do so, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Transcript Removal Request.” Our Teacher Support team will help you out as quickly as possible.